You are viewing the documentation for an older version of boto (boto2).
Boto3, the next version of Boto, is now stable and recommended for general use. It can be used side-by-side with Boto in the same project, so it is easy to start using Boto3 in your existing projects as well as new projects. Going forward, API updates and all new feature work will be focused on Boto3.
For more information, see the documentation for boto3.
This release adds support for AWS Key Management Service (KMS), AWS Lambda, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS Config, AWS CloudHSM, Amazon EC2 Container Service (ECS), Amazon DynamoDB online indexing, and fixes a few issues.
- Add Amazon DynamoDB online indexing support.
- Allow for binary to be passed to sqs message (issue 2913, commit 8af9b42)
- Kinesis update (issue 2891, commit 4874e19)
- Fixed spelling of boto.awslambda package. (issue 2914, commit de769ac)
- Add support for Amazon EC2 Container Service (issue 2908, commit 4480fb4)
- Add support for CloudHSM (issue 2905, commit 6055a35)
- Add support for AWS Config (issue 2904, commit 51e9221)
- Add support for AWS CodeDeploy (issue 2899, commit d935356)
- Add support for AWS Lambda (issue 2896, commit 6748016)
- Update both Cognito’s to the latest APIs (issue 2909, commit 18c1251)
- Add sts for eu-central-1. (issue 2906, commit 54714ff)
- Update opsworks to latest API (issue 2892, commit aed3302)
- Add AWS Key Managment Support (issue 2894, commit ef7d2cd)