You are viewing the documentation for an older version of boto (boto2).
Boto3, the next version of Boto, is now stable and recommended for general use. It can be used side-by-side with Boto in the same project, so it is easy to start using Boto3 in your existing projects as well as new projects. Going forward, API updates and all new feature work will be focused on Boto3.
For more information, see the documentation for boto3.
This release adds support for web identity federation within the Secure Token Service (STS) & fixes several bugs.
- Added support for web identity federation - You can now delegate token access via either an Oauth 2.0 or OpenID provider. (commit 9bd0a3)
- Altered the S3 key buffer to be a configurable value. (issue 1506, commit 8e3e36)
- Added Sphinx extension for better release notes. (issue 1511, commit e2e32d & commit 3d998b)
- Fixed a bug where DynamoDB v2 would only ever connect to the default endpoint. (issue 1508, commit 139912)
- Fixed a iteration/empty results bug & a
betweenbug in DynamoDB v2. (issue 1512, commit d109b6)
- Fixed an issue with
EbsOptimizedin EC2 Autoscale. (issue 1513, commit 424c41)
- Fixed a missing instance variable bug in DynamoDB v2. (issue 1516, commit 6fa8bf)