You are viewing the documentation for an older version of boto (boto2).
Boto3, the next version of Boto, is now stable and recommended for general use. It can be used side-by-side with Boto in the same project, so it is easy to start using Boto3 in your existing projects as well as new projects. Going forward, API updates and all new feature work will be focused on Boto3.
For more information, see the documentation for boto3.
This release adds ELB support to Opsworks, optimized EBS support in EC2 AutoScale, Parallel Scan support to DynamoDB v2, a higher-level interface to DynamoDB v2 and API updates to DataPipeline.
- ELB support in Opsworks - You can now attach & describe the Elastic Load Balancers within the Opsworks client. (commit ecda87)
- Optimized EBS support in EC2 AutoScale - You can now specify whether an AutoScale instance should be optimized for EBS I/O. (commit f8acaa)
- Parallel Scan support in DynamoDB v2 - If you have extra read capacity & a large amount of data, you can scan over the records in parallel by telling DynamoDB to split the table into segments, then spinning up threads/processes to each run over their own segment. (commit db7f7b & commit 7ed73c)
- Higher-level interface to DynamoDB v2 - A more convenient API for using DynamoDB v2. The DynamoDB v2 Tutorial has more information on how to use the new API. (commit 0f7c8b)
- API Update for DataPipeline - The
error_code(integer) argument to
error_id(string). Many documentation updates were also added. (commit a78572)
Bumped the AWS Support API version. (commit 0323f4)
Fixed the S3
ResumableDownloadHandlerso that it no longer tries to use a hashing algorithm when used outside of GCS. (commit 29b046)
Fixed a bug where Sig V4 URIs were improperly canonicalized. (commit 5269d8)
Fixed a bug where Sig V4 ports were not included. (commit cfaba3)
Fixed a bug in CloudWatch’s
build_put_paramsthat would overwrite existing/necessary variables. (commit 550e00)
Several documentation improvements/fixes:
- Added docs for RDS
modify/modify_dbinstance. (commit 777d73)
- Fixed a typo in the
README.rst. (commit 181e0f)
- Documentation fallout from the previous release. (commit 14a111)
- Fixed a typo in the EC2
Image.rundocs. (commit 5edd6a)
- Added/improved docs for EC2
Image.run. (commit 773ce5)
- Added a CONTRIBUTING doc. (commit cecbe8)
- Fixed S3
create_bucketdocs to specify “European Union”. (commit ddddfd)
- Added docs for RDS