You are viewing the documentation for an older version of boto (boto2).
Boto3, the next version of Boto, is now stable and recommended for general use. It can be used side-by-side with Boto in the same project, so it is easy to start using Boto3 in your existing projects as well as new projects. Going forward, API updates and all new feature work will be focused on Boto3.
For more information, see the documentation for boto3.
The 2.4.0 release of boto is now available on PyPI.
You can get a comprehensive list of all commits made between the 2.3.0 release and the 2.4.0 release at https://github.com/boto/boto/compare/2.3.0...2.4.0.
This release includes:
- Initial support for Amazon Cloudsearch Service.
- Support for Amazon’s Marketplace Web Service.
- Latency-based routing for Route53
- Support for new domain verification features of SES.
- A full rewrite of the FPS module.
- Support for BatchWriteItem in DynamoDB.
- Additional EMR steps for installing and running Pig scripts.
- Support for additional batch operations in SQS.
- Better support for VPC group-ids.
- Many, many bugfixes from the community. Thanks for the reports and pull requests!
There were 175 commits in this release from 32 different authors. The authors are listed below, in no particular order:
- Max Noel
- Nuutti Kotivuori