You are viewing the documentation for an older version of boto (boto2).
Boto3, the next version of Boto, is now stable and recommended for general use. It can be used side-by-side with Boto in the same project, so it is easy to start using Boto3 in your existing projects as well as new projects. Going forward, API updates and all new feature work will be focused on Boto3.
For more information, see the documentation for boto3.
This release fixes an incorrect Amazon VPC peering connection call, and fixes several minor issues related to Python 3 support including a regression when pickling authentication information.
- Fix bin scripts for Python 3. (issue 2502, issue 2490, commit cb78c52)
- Fix parsing of EMR step summary response. (issue 2456, commit 2ffb00a)
- Update wheel to be universal for py2/py3. (issue 2478, commit e872d94)
- Add pypy to tox config. (issue 2458, commit 16c6fbe)
- Fix Glacier file object hash calculation. (issue 2489, issue 2488, commit a9463c5)
- PEP8 fixes for Glacier. (issue 2469, commit 0575a54)
- Use ConfigParser for Python 3 and SafeConfigParser for Python 2. (issue 2498, issue 2497, commit f580f73)
- Remove redundant __future__ imports. (issue 2496, commit e59e199)
- Fix dynamodb.types.Binary non-ASCII handling. (issue 2492, issue 2491, commit 16284ea)
- Add missing dependency to requirements.txt. (issue 2494, commit 33db71a)
- Fix TypeError when getting instance metadata under Python 3. (issue 2486, issue 2485, commit 6ff525e)
- Handle Cloudsearch indexing errors. (issue 2370, commit 494a091)
- Remove obsolete md5 import routine. (issue 2468, commit 9808a77)
- Use encodebytes instead of encodestring. (issue 2484, issue 2483, commit 984c5ff)
- Fix an auth class pickling bug. (issue 2479, commit 07d6424)