You are viewing the documentation for an older version of boto (boto2).
Boto3, the next version of Boto, is now stable and recommended for general use. It can be used side-by-side with Boto in the same project, so it is easy to start using Boto3 in your existing projects as well as new projects. Going forward, API updates and all new feature work will be focused on Boto3.
For more information, see the documentation for boto3.
This release adds support for Amazon Kinesis and AWS Direct Connect. Amazon EC2 gets support for new i2 instance types and is more resilient against metadata failures, Amazon DynamoDB gets support for global secondary indexes and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) supports new DBInstance and DBSnapshot attributes. There are several other fixes for various services, including updated support for CloudStack and Eucalyptus.
- Add support for Amazon Kinesis (commit d0b684e)
- Add support for i2 instance types to EC2. (commit 0f5371f)
- Add support for DynamoDB Global Secondary Indexes (commit 297cacb)
- Add support for AWS Direct Connect. (issue 1894, issue 1894, commit 3cbca26)
- Add option for sorting SDB dumps to sdbadmin. (issue 1888, issue 1888, commit 070e4f6)
- Add a retry when EC2 metadata is returned as corrupt JSON. (issue 1883, issue 1883, issue 1868, commit 41470a0)
- Added some missing attributes to DBInstance and DBSnapshot. (issue 1880, issue 1880, commit 2751dff)
- Implement nonzero for DynamoDB Item to consider empty items falsey (issue 1899, commit 808e550)
- Remove dimensions from Metric.query() docstring. (issue 1901, issue 1901, commit ba6b8c7)
- Make trailing slashes for EC2 metadata URLs explicit & remove them from userdata requests. This fixes using boto for CloudStack (issue 1900, issue 1900, issue 1897, issue 1856, commit 5f4506e)
- Fix the DynamoDB ‘scan in’ filter to compare the same attribute types in a list rather than using an attribute set. (issue 1896, issue 1896, commit 5fc59d6)
- Updating Amazon ElastiCache parameters to be optional when creating a new cache cluster. (issue 1876, issue 1876, commit 342b8df)
- Fix honor cooldown AutoScaling parameter serialization to prevent an exception and bad request. (issue 1895, issue 1895, issue 1892, commit fc4674f)
- Fix ignored RDS backup_retention_period when value was 0. (issue 1887, issue 1887, issue 1886, commit a19eb14)
- Use auth_handler to specify host header value including custom ports if possible, which are used by Eucalyptus. (issue 1862, issue 1862, commit ce6df03)
- Fix documentation of launch config in Autoscaling Group. (issue 1881, issue 1881, commit 6f704d9)
- typo: AIM -> IAM (issue 1882, commit 7ea2d5c)