You are viewing the documentation for an older version of boto (boto2).
Boto3, the next version of Boto, is now stable and recommended for general use. It can be used side-by-side with Boto in the same project, so it is easy to start using Boto3 in your existing projects as well as new projects. Going forward, API updates and all new feature work will be focused on Boto3.
For more information, see the documentation for boto3.
This release adds support for Amazon Elastic Transcoder audio transcoding, new
regions for Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Glacier, and Amazon
Redshift as well as new parameters in Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), Amazon
Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), and the
lss3 utility. Also included are
documentation updates and fixes for S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Simple Workflow
Service (SWF) and Amazon Marketplace Web Service (MWS).
- Add SWF tutorial and code sample (issue 1769, commit 36524f5)
- Add ap-southeast-2 region to S3WebsiteEndpointTranslate (issue 1777, commit e7b0b39)
- Add support for
get_queue(issue 1786, commit c1ad303)
- Add ap-southeast-2 region to Glacier (commit c316266)
- Add ap-southeast-1 and ap-southeast-2 to Redshift (commit 3d67a03)
- Add SSH timeout option (issue 1755, commit d8e70ef, commit 653b82b)
- Add support for markers in
lss3(issue 1783, commit 8ee4b1f)
create_image(issue 1794, commit 86afe2e)
- Updated SWF tutorial (issue 1797, commit 3804b16)
- Support Elastic Transcoder audio transcoding (commit 03a5087)
- Fix VPC module docs, ELB docs, some formatting (issue 1770, commit 75de377)
- Fix DynamoDB item
attrsinitialization (issue 1776, commit 8454a2b)
- Fix parsing of empty member lists for MWS (issue 1785, commit 7b46ca5)
- Fix link to release notes in docs (commit a6bf794)
- Do not validate bucket when copying a key (issue 1763, commit 5505113)
- Retry HTTP 502, 504 errors (issue 1798, commit c832e2d)