You are viewing the documentation for an older version of boto (boto2).
Boto3, the next version of Boto, is now stable and recommended for general use. It can be used side-by-side with Boto in the same project, so it is easy to start using Boto3 in your existing projects as well as new projects. Going forward, API updates and all new feature work will be focused on Boto3.
For more information, see the documentation for boto3.
This release updates Opsworks to add AMI & Chef 11 support, DBSubnetGroup support in RDS & many other bugfixes.
- Added AMI, configuration manager & Chef 11 support to Opsworks. (commit 55725fc).
insupport for SQS messages. (issue 1593, commit e5fe1ed)
- Added support for the
ap-southeast-2region in Elasticache. (issue 1607, commit 9986b61)
- Added support for block device mappings in ELB. (issue 1343, issue 753, issue 1357, commit 974a23a)
- Added support for DBSubnetGroup in RDS. (issue 1500, commit 01eef87, commit 45c60a0, commit c4c859e)
- Fixed the canonicalization of paths on Windows. (issue 1609, commit a1fa98c)
- Fixed how
message. (issue 1353, commit b944f4b)
Truein a CloudFormation
Stack. (issue 1379, commit 32b3150)
- Changed EMR instance groups to no longer require a string price (can now be
Decimal). (issue 1396, commit dfc39ff)
Distribution._sign_stringto accept any file-like object as well within CloudFront. (issue 1349, commit 8df6c14)
- Fixed the
detach_lb_from_subnetscall within ELB. (issue 1417, issue 1418 commit 4a397bd, commit c11d72b, commit 9e595b5, commit 634469d, commit 586dd54)
- Altered boto to obey
no_proxyenvironment variables. (issue 1600, issue 1603, commit aaef5a9)
- Fixed ELB connections to use HTTPS by default. (issue 1587, commit fe158c4)
- Updated S3 to be Python 2.5 compatible again. (issue 1598, commit 066009f)
- All calls within SES will now return all DKIMTokens, instead of just one. (issue 1550, issue 1610, commit 1a079da, commit 1e82f85, commit 5c8b6b8)
- Fixed the
DistributionConfigin CloudFront to respect whatever is provided to the constructor. (issue 1457, commit e76180d)
- Fixed CloudSearch to no longer raise an error if a non-JSON response is received. (issue 1555, issue 1614, commit 5e2c292, commit 6510e1f)